The pandemic is not yet over, and a lot of us are still stuck at our homes, working remotely. As you look for cheap glasses online to wear during your long work from home hours, there are several other things that you need to take care of to keep yourself healthy.
Create the right seating
- Choose a comfortable chair
I can not stress enough on the importance of a good posture when you have to sit on the same chair for long hours. Invest in a comfortable and ergonomically sound seat to help you sit in the right position and avoid neck and back issues.
- Create a soothing environment
Working from home means you have the full liberty to transform the office room according to your choice. You can add scented candles and decorate your desk for a calming environment to control work stress and calm your mind down. Make sure to keep all the essentials like your pair of blue light glasses and necessary documents handy on your desk.
Eat good food
- Limit junk food
Do not stock your kitchen with packets of potato chips and other snacks as this way you will eat more of them just because you can. Try to keep away from junk food as much as you can. You can bring that packet of fries on your desk for a few bites and end up eating them all.
- Eat a balanced diet
- Foods with nutrition for eyes are essential for work from home routine. These include carrots, oranges, bell peppers, blueberries, legumes, nuts and green leafy vegetables. All of these are rich sources of antioxidants and nutrients like Vitamin A, C and E, beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin and zinc.
- Try switching fried chips and nachos with healthy snacks like nuts, dried fruits, baked vegetable chips, brown rice cakes, roasted chickpeas, roasted pumpkin seeds or bell peppers with guacamole.
Drink plenty of water
Dehydration can result in headaches and fatigue. Fill up a water bottle and keep it on your desk, as you would have done in your office. This will make you drink more water, and you might also not feel the urge to walk to the refrigerator for those sugar-loaded soda drinks.
Wear blue light glasses
- What is blue light and how does it affect us?
Blue light is a part of the light spectrum of the sunlight that moves with very high energy. Blue light is everywhere; we get it from our tech screens, from LED bulbs and even the sun. Blue light exposure is a major cause of optical defects among the UK population. It results in multiple diseases and conditions like macular degeneration, cataract, Dry Eye Syndrome and insomnia.
- Preventing blue light damage
- Wear blue light glasses to block blue rays from entering your eyes. An optician can help you with a blue light coating on your women’s or
- Limit your screen time. Make a habit of looking away from the tech screen every 20 minutes for about 20 seconds.
- Adjust the brightness of your screen so that it isn’t too bright as compared to the room.
- Dry eyes can be very itchy and sore and even result in the Dry Eye Syndrome. Use tear drops to lubricate your eyes during long screen hours.
- Get your sleep cycle right
It can be tricky to train your mind into believing that it’s a workday and you have to leave the bed at the right time. You must work on your sleep cycle and avoid working at odd hours. Set a schedule and stick to those hours.
- Schedule workouts
Also, work from home schedules can be flexible. You can leverage this flexibility for your benefit by scheduling workouts. You can also try to arrange to meet your colleagues at the gym and discuss work.
- Schedule meals
Avoid eating big portions of food in a single meal. Instead, schedule at least four to five meals in a day so you can feed yourself with small portions of healthy food after every one or two hours.
If you have been looking for some inexpensive blue light lenses for your Men’s glasses or women’s glasses, Specscart is a recent start-up that retails premium quality products at very affordable rates. You can check their website for a good variety of spectacles for your work from home outfits.